Here at Surefire we take safety very seriously with all of our performances and fire performance is certainly no exception. We work hard, of course, to make it look a lot more dangerous than it is but we understand that as a client looking to hire a fire performer it is easy to have trepidation. This is why we always provide a risk assessment for every event detailing all the safety measures we take. These include (but are not limited to):
- Always fully testing the props used for every performance to ensure they are sturdy and free from defect.
- Only using what we consider to be safe fuels for fire performing - almost exclusively paraffin.
- Ensuring there is sufficient space between our performers and any body or thing that may be at risk from our performance - our guideline distance is 3m.
- Properly removing excess fuel from all props prior to a performance.
- Only using highly trained professionals with years of experience in both their skill and live performance.
- Thoroughly checking a performance space to ensure there is no danger to our performers or the public.
To put your mind at ease even more we have submitted ourselves to the fire dancing network's safety checks and will update you with how we do.
Happy Saturday 🙂